Vision & Mission
Vision: Help build safe virtual environments.
Mission: Inspire and catalyze the safe use of X reality.
As part of the test-bed project, we will work closely with university-based research cyberspace organizations and public/commercial XR technology providers to:
- Establish a “standards-based” workflow for the management of access and use of XR data and computing resources;
- Establish reporting to and coordination with funding agencies;
- Develop “community-based” contracts to streamline acquisition of services;
- Encourage commercial providers to offer research cyberspace consistent with community generated requirements and compliant with relevant policies;
- Develop a standard approach to communicating any data/resource stewardship, policy-based, regulatory, contractual and financial obligations related to the access to and use of XR technologies.
Who we are
XR Safety Initiative – XRSI – is viewed by many stakeholders as a necessary component to proactively anticipate and address the cybersecurity challenges faced by globally dispersed researchers when establishing baseline standards and discovery of novel cyber attacks in emerging technologies.
XRSI as 4 core function
- Research Investment
- Build and Promote Safety Standards
- Advisory Functions
- Encourage critical thinking among XR stakeholders via media/awareness campaigns
XRSI intends to setup working groups that will begin an open dialog with members of the XR research community, including university-based research groups and commercial XR entities. Workshops will include presentations from many ongoing initiatives working to identify and address researcher access and funding issues. With few exceptions, these initiatives would either focused on: a region or country; a select/small group of research organizations; a scientific discipline; or a specific technology such as cyber risks in virtual reality (VR), security, privacy and ethics.